Durban Women Clinic is committed to providing the highest quality of obstetrical and gynaecological care to women of all ages. Our dedicated staff aim to treat each patient and her health concerns with compassion and respect. Our dedicated group of receptionists, nurses, and physicians have worked together as a team for years caring for the women of Southern Africa and its surrounding area. The years of commitment of our staff to Woman’s Clinic and our patients span from three years to four decades. Thus, Durban women Clinic offers the most experienced and dedicated staff in Kwazulu Natal It’s important to know your options.
What Birth Control Options Are Available?
The different types of birth control include:
- The contraceptive pill – A small pill taken daily containing estrogen and progestogen.
- The mini pill – A small pill taken daily containing progestogen only.
- The contraceptive ring – A small plastic ring that’s inserted into the vagina every 3 weeks. It works by releasing estrogen and progestogen into the blood stream.
- Depo-Provera – A contraceptive injection that contains medroxyprogesterone acetate and lasts for three months.
- Mirena IUD – A small plastic device containing progestogen that’s inserted into the uterus and lasts for 5 years (As well as the Mirena IUD, we can also assist with copper IUD insertion).
- Implanon – A small matchstick sized device containing progestogen that’s inserted into the upper arm and lasts for 3 years.